Sunday, February 27, 2011

things I may or may not need for Sophia

Let's just file these under ridiculous things I want to have for Sophia:

Gyro Bowl is a serious must have. Sophia likes to make it rain cheerios on a daily basis.



1/2 Filipino is better than none t-shirt is another must have. I really want to get it before FilFest 2011. Also, it's a not-so-subtle way to inform people that though Sophia is white, she is also my daughter so she is 1/2 Filipino and that I am not her Filipina nanny so please stop looking at me funny and don't you dare ask me if she's adopted.



When I was younger and had to draw or color for school, I was a little confused about what to color myself, family, and white friends. Surely, nobody I knew was actually yellow or pink. And I wasn't really that shade of brown. Well, with people-color crayons, Sophia will be spared from that anxiety.


6 comments:

  1. Is it weird that I also want these things for myself? Maybe if she gets all of them we can teach her how to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love the people color crayons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get me a half Filipino shirt too, please; same size.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Gyro Bowl is a gift from Zeus himself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want the crayons too, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are basically the best mom ever, I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete